Longitudinal arm pushed/pulled, wishbone, rubber band springing
Rack and pinion
Drums, four-wheel, mechanical
20 x 2,25 (1,85")
7,5 liters mixture
Approx. 150 kg + driver
Approx. 180 kg
Approx. 70 km/h
Approx. 2000 - 2500 DM
1950 - 1957
6 V/ 14 Ah/ 25 W, direct current
Cable, starter additional charge
It is after the Second World War the smallest and especially the lightest among the small cars in Germany. Coincidentally, the name of the developer, Paul Kleinschnittger, applies also pretty good on the product. The history of the car goes back to the beginning of the war in 1939. In painstaking efforts is created a car from all sorts of waste products, that one, instead to insert the reverse gear just turn on one side and can lift.
The inventor is ahead of its time. He can already see that the people turn away from the bike at some point as mode of transport and turn to cars with roof. But it must be affordable to purchase and maintain. Therefore the 150-cm³ two-strokes of ILO with air cooling, which drives the front wheels without differential gears. Only a freewheel on each wheel allows tension-free cornering. The springing hanging on rubber bands that can be replaced for little money.
The production of the new car will start in Arnsberg in North Rhine-Westphalia (G). Quite early it is also exported. Not always honest licensees get in touch who inform themselves fully and provide oneself with parts, but then sell the car under another name, without paying license fees. In the course of time, particularly components liable to wear changed and also the trunk increases by relocation of the spare wheel out. Plans for a smaller and particularly stronger version will not be realized. Before their start of production the company runs out of breath. What is left is an interesting contribution to the question of how small and light a car can be disigned with own drive.